Costa just announced their new limited edition Christmas menu
The only Christmas chat I will accept pre-Halloween is food-related.
So as far as me and Costa Coffee are concerned – ’tis the season.
What’s on Costa’s Christmas menu?
Before that, I should stress that if you’re watching your sugar and carb intake to squeeze into that morphsuit or Harley Quinn number for Halloween, best move on from this page now.
Perhaps something about Kit Harrington and Harry Potter, would be of interest?
Costa’s Limited Edition Christmas menu will arrive in Costa stores nationwide from 1st November and feature some festive old faves as well as some mouth-watering new additions.
After a mere five minutes of browsing through the press release, I’ve decided that Costa have already won at Christmas treats this winter. The word is INDULGENCE.
I need to pay some special attention to what I’ve dubbed the angel on top of the tree of this menu – Costa’s brand-new Terry’s Chocolate Orange Muffin is a stocking filler.
This sumptuous chocolate muffin is described by Costa as a “chocoholics dream; filled with chocolate orange sauce and topped with a delicious segment of the iconic chocolate orange”.
Costa must’ve come to some sort of agreement with Terry and Dawn French…
What else is on the menu at Costa this Christmas?
Well, how does any of the following sound?
- Black & White Forest Wreath Cake – a festive treat consisting of chocolate sponge with sweetened cherries topped with buttercream, sour cherries and dark chocolate.
- Salted Caramel Yule Log – a chocolate sponge hand rolled with chocolate flavour buttercream, covered with a milk chocolate frosting and finished with lustred chocolate decorations and a salted caramel drizzle.
- Clementine & Mascarpone Loaf Cake – a loaf cake with a a beautiful balance of sweet, rich cream and tart, zesty orange.
- British Turkey & Trimmings Toastie / British Turkey Feast Baguette – an all-day treat, jam-packed with succulent turkey breast, smoked bacon, sage and onion stuffing and cranberry sauce.
- British Pigs & Blankets Mac & Cheese.
- Festive Spiced Cappuccino – a cappuccino seasoned with a host of aromatic spices including cinnamon, nutmeg and star anise (which literally sounds like Christmas in a cup).
F*cking delicious. That’s how it sounds.
And that’s not even the full menu.
Vegans! Yule love Costa Coffee this Christmas, too
Vegan indulgence? Costa has granted all your Christmas wishes this year. They’ve including more vegan options on their Christmas menu than ever before.
A highlight is the Vegan Society approved ‘Veggies Under Vest Sandwich’, a vegan lunch option filled with falafel and parsnip stuffing, carrot, cranberry sauce, vegan mayonnaise and fresh spinach.
That’s it, 1 November is going in my diary. I’ve just written: CHRISTMAS BEGINS.
God, what have they done to me.
Eric Tavoukdjian, Commercial Marketing Director at Costa Coffee said: “Christmas is always such a magical time of year at Costa Coffee and we’re incredibly excited to launch our best menu to date.
“The new Irish Velvet family is sure to be a big hit and the Terry’s Chocolate Orange Muffin will be making thousands of Chocoholics wishes come true.
“We hope families and friends are inspired to come together and enjoy a Christmas treat in-store this season.”
Oh, by the way, Costa have even sorted coffee lovers with Christmas merch this winter and their paper cups are getting a festive redesign, too!
But it’s Halloween!
I know, I know. And if you can’t wait until 1 November to get your indulgence on at Costa, remember they have you covered for Halloween right now.
They’re currently heavily promoting their Autumn menu, which includes a ‘Bonfire Spiced Latte’, a ‘Bonfire Spiced Hot Chocolate’ and ‘Bonfire Spiced Cold Brew’ drinks. Check it out here.
That’s it. Today’s officially a cheat day now.
Images via Costa Coffee