Ecommdirect Commissary For Inmates - Offender Direct Purchase Program
Ecommdirect commissary for inmates is the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) inmates' only direct purchase program.
Ecommdirect commissary for inmates allows approved family and friends to deposit money into an inmate's account at a TDCJ facility and purchase commissary items. This safe service provides online convenience as well as more control over what happens with the funds you provide.
How To Make Use Of TDCJ Ecommdirect?
- To conduct successful transactions, you must be on your inmate's approved sender list. The inmate's visitation list and the inmate's approved phone (OTS) list are combined to form the approved sender's list.
- It is the responsibility of inmates to add loved ones to their visitation list. If you are unsure whether you are on the approved visitation list, contact the unit for confirmation. The unit Directory can be found at https://www.tdcj.texas.gov/unit directory/index.html.
- You must first register your phone number before you can receive calls from TDCJ inmates.
- It usually takes 72 hours for your phone number to be approved. It takes about 3-5 business days after receiving an approval notice to become an approved sender.
- Search for an inmate by entering your first and last name (Approved Sender), the inmate's TDCJ ID number, and the inmate's last name. (The information of the approved sender must match that of the Approved Visitor or Offender Telephone List.)
- Please keep in mind that you are not creating an account with Texas.gov to make future purchases or deposits. Accounts are established for inmates once they enter TDCJ custody. To gain access, you must first ensure that you are an approved sender.
Eligibility For Purchase And Deposit
COPYRIGHT_HOOK: Published on https://thehooksite.com/ecommdirect-commissary-for-inmates/ by Kane Perkins on 2022-12-20T01:58:00.788Z
You must be on the Approved Sender's List of Ecommdirect commissary for inmates.
- The following months are used to calculate inmate spending: January - March: up to $70; April - June: up to $70; September - October: up to $95; December: up to $95 (Holiday Spend).
- Inmates are limited to one online purchase per day. If you fill your cart and then decide not to complete the transaction, choose "Cancel" on the payment page so the inmate can still make purchases that day.
- Deposits into the "Inmate Trust Fund" can be made at any time, with a maximum of $300 per deposit transaction.
- Inmates on Commissary Restriction and units on lockdown will not be eligible for an eComm package until the lockdown/restriction is lifted.
People Also Ask
How Do I Get A Commissary For An Inmate In Texas?
If friends and family have any questions, they can call the TDCJ eCommDirect department or email them.
Do Texas Inmates Have To Pay For Medical Care?
Unless specifically exempt, an inmate can only be charged $13.55 for each inmate-initiated visit to health care staff. After seven self-initiated health care visits (totaling $94.85) in the state fiscal year, the inmate will not be charged for any more visits for the rest of the year.
Can You Send Food Packages To Inmates In Texas?
Yes, you can. After verifying the inmate, you can purchase specific commissary products for the inmate from TDCJ's online catalog.
Up to 100 of the best-selling products, including food, personal care items, letter-writing materials, and a few newly packaged things, are on sale at Ecommdirect commissary for inmates.
The amount an inmate can spend from money placed in their inmate trust fund account on commissary items will not be impacted by the amount they spend online.