You can now make your Amazon Echo Dot look like Star Wars’ Baby Yoda as capitalism officially knows no bounds.
I say that like I’ m not an utter corporate shill myself. Sometime late last year I preordered a Baby Yoda doll and after about a month of writing about it and being genuinely excited, I genuinely forgot it existed.
Cut to earlier this month, it finally arrived and now I don’t know what to do with it.
Obviously it’s adorable, but I’m in my mid-twenties and I now own a Disney doll.
Anyway, this article isn’t about me and my doll, it’s about something that you can buy for your Echo Dot; something I don’t own.
You can get a case that makes your Echo Dot look like Baby Yoda, courtesy of Otterbox on Amazon. Sadly these are only available for pre-order right now, with them being released in August this year, and they’ll set you back $24.95 (around £3.57).
The product description for the little case – in bullet points – reads:
- Made exclusively for Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Gen. (Stand not compatible with the Amazon Echo Dot 1st and 2nd Gen). Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Gen), sold separately.
- Cutest bounty in the galaxy, an instant conversation starter.
- Built to last, durable materials to withstand daily use.
- Holds your Echo device securely, same great Alexa experience.
- Precision-fit, non-slip base engineered for optimal audio output.
- Designed to delight the whole family.
You hear that? It’ll delight the whole family! That’s bloody good news isn’t it?
I know of a family who have been ravaged by the Coronavirus, illness-wise and also professionally. What I’ll do is send them one of these and that’ll cheer up the moody bastards… apparently.
It’ll be pretty jarring to ask your Baby Yoda a question, only for it to have the voice of a middle aged robotic woman, wouldn’t it?
Maybe this is all to get us used to that concept, and that’s what Baby Yoda will sound like in season two of The Mandalorian?
Images via Amazon