The Love Island star fell ill on Wednesday morning and suffered from ‘pain and discomfort’ overnight, suffering an apparent allergic reaction and later seeking emergency treatment.
“Megan was rushed to hospital this morning with an allergic reaction,” a source told the Daily Mail at the time.
“Doctors are still trying to establish what has caused it and she is currently undergoing tests to determine this.
“Megan went into hospital in the early hours after suffering pain and discomfort throughout the night.”
Thankfully, Megan’s now on the mend and has revealed that she suffered an allergic reaction to hair dye.
She apparently started to feel ill with an ‘itchy throat’ after using a brown hair dye.
A source said: “The night after having her hair dyed Megan started to feel unwell – she had an itchy throat and her eyes started to swell up.”
They added to The Sun: “But the following morning she felt like she couldn’t breathe and her face had swollen beyond recognition. Megan was terrified.
‘She was given treatment by her doctor but when it failed to help she was taken to hospital by ambulance.”
And the 24 year-old has confirmed she’s getting back to her best.
‘The comeback is always STRONGER than the set back,’ she wrote in her first Instagram since the scare.
‘Finally starting to feel a little more human again, I’ve never been so scared!’
The Love Island star has recently been rumoured to join the cast of Celebs Go Dating, following her split from fellow Islander Wes Nelson in January, which she described as “the worst week of my life”.
“This has possibly been the worst week of my life and look how many paps are waiting there, I’m shaking, my anxiety is through the roof, they’re all hiding behind the tree,” she told her Instagram followers.
“Literally, I’ve had the worst week, and they’re still there.”
At least she’s back on the mend now, though.
Images via ITV/Instagram