Piers Morgan is making headlines yet again, after he quit Good Morning Britain earlier this week.
Now his son has claimed on Twitter that Piers has been sent death threats in lights of the comments he made about Meghan Markle. He said on air that he didn’t believe Meghan’s allegations, including saying she was previously suicidal.
He walked away from hosting the show after six years, the same day he stormed off the set when a co-host criticised him.
Now his eldest son Spencer has posted on Twitter about ‘vile’ death threats he claims are being sent to his dad.
“To be specific it’s early teenage girls,” he wrote. “The ones who ‘stan’ stuff and have s**t like One Direction in their bio. Sending death threats etc, you name it. Poor kids – hope they get help.”
He also tweeted: “The majority of people on here are too scared to go even the slightest bit against the grain. Thankfully people in real life are.”
Spencer then added: “What’s also become clear is it’s the brainwashed young are the most vile and abusive on Team Woke. Their parents must save them.”
He also tweeted another criticism of those who have ben messaging his father: “All these ‘morally superior’ people tweeting / commenting / DMing things a hundred times more vile and abusive than anything @piersmorgan has ever said. Smart bunch aren’t they”
It’s worth noting that Morgan’s comments about Meghan racked up more than than 41,000 complaints to OFCOM. They confirmed they would be investigating before his departure.
It’s been alleged that Meghan has submitted her own personal complain to ITV too about his comments.
In the meantime, a petition has been set up calling for Piers to return, they have since racked up almost 200,000 signatures. Many people who signed say they are wanting him back for his ‘common sense’.
Hiwever it looks lie his fans will be disappointed. Piers shared one of the petitions: “I won’t be going back, but thanks to everyone who has signed these petitions. Normally, people start petitions to have me fired or deported, so this is a pleasant surprise.”
He previously doubled down on the comments he made, tweeting: “On Monday, I said I didn’t believe Meghan Markle in her Oprah interview. I’ve had time to reflect on this opinion, and I still don’t.”
“If you did, OK. Freedom of speech is a hill I’m happy to die on. Thanks for all the love, and hate. I’m off to spend more time with my opinions.”
He also told reporters: “I believe in freedom of speech, I believe in the right to be allowed to have an opinion. If people want to believe Meghan Markle, that’s entirely their right.
“I don’t believe almost anything that comes out of her mouth and I think the damage she’s done to the British monarchy and to the Queen at a time when Prince Philip is lying in hospital is enormous and frankly contemptible.
“If I have to fall on my sword for expressing an honestly-held opinion about Meghan Markle and that diatribe of bilge that she came out with in that interview, so be it.”
Piers has also been backed by the likes of Katie Price, Sharon Osbourne, Kevin Pietersen and more since he quit.
Kevin tweeted: “The Piers show this week is highlighting how abusive the ‘#BeKind’ woke brigade actually are. I’ve seen it all week on my feed. Things that would NEVER be said to your face – EVER! Absolute muppets! THE LOT OF YOU!”
Morgan’s son also praised US news anchor Tucker Carlson.
Do you think critics are right about Piers or are they just as bad?
Image via Alamy