As a result, he has received a lot of backlash and criticism from viewers, fans, and even celebrities. However, things took a more serious turn when his son, Spencer Morgan, claimed that his father was receiving death threats from teenage girls.
Piers Morgan is getting death threats from teenage girls his son claims. According to Spencer Morgan's tweets, his father had received multiple death threats from teenage girls who were upset with his controversial remarks.
The tweets read:
My father is now receiving death threats from teenage girls on social media because he expressed his opinion on the Meghan Markle interview. This is not okay.
He also shared a screenshot of a message that read, "You should die. I hope somebody kills you."
These death threats have raised concerns about the safety of journalists and public figures who express their opinions on social media. It is not the first time that Piers Morgan has been threatened with violence. In 2019, he revealed that he had received death threats after calling for a ban on firearms in the wake of the New Zealand mosque shooting.
The issue of online abuse and harassment has become a growing concern in recent years. Social media platforms have been criticized for not doing enough to prevent or address such behavior. In response to the incident, Twitter announced that it would be investigating the death threats and taking appropriate action against those responsible.
Piers Morgan's departure from Good Morning Britain in March 2021 also sparked a lot of controversy and backlash. He had made comments about Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah Winfrey, in which she discussed her experience with racism and mental health issues within the Royal Family.
Morgan had dismissed her claims and accused her of lying, which led to widespread condemnation and accusations of racism. The incident highlights the importance of free speech and the need to have open and honest discussions about important issues.
However, it also raises concerns about the limits of free speech and the impact of hateful and abusive comments on individuals' mental health and well-being.
Aside from the death threats he received from teenage girls, Piers Morgan has also faced controversy in the past for his outspoken opinions on various topics, including gun control, mental health, and Meghan Markle.
He was criticized for his insensitive comments following the 2017 Manchester Arena bombing, where he accused the Muslim community of not doing enough to combat terrorism.
In March 2021, Morgan made headlines for walking off the set of Good Morning Britain after being called out by weather presenter Alex Beresford for his continued criticism of Meghan Markle. This sparked a widespread debate about freedom of speech and accountability in the media.
Despite the controversies, Morgan remains a prominent figure in British media and has a large following on social media. He has written several books and hosted various TV shows, including Britain's Got Talent and America's Got Talent. He has also been a guest on many talk shows, including The Late Late Show with James Corden and The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Piers Morgan; Spencer Morgan; Spencer Morgan tweet about Piers Morgan's death threats
Piers Morgan is a well-known figure in the media industry who has been involved in several controversies throughout his career. Here are some of the most famous Piers Morgan controversies:
- Phone hacking scandal -One of the biggest controversies surrounding Piers Morgan is his alleged involvement in the phone hacking scandal. Morgan was the editor of the Daily Mirror newspaper between 1995 and 2004, and during this time, several journalists working at the newspaper were accused of illegally hacking into the voicemails of celebritiesand other public figures. While Morgan has denied any involvement in the scandal, he has been questioned by police as part of the investigation.
- Princess Diana interview -In 1995, Princess Diana gave a controversial interview to the BBC's Panorama program, in which she discussed her marriage to Prince Charles and other personal issues. Morgan was working as a journalist at the time and has been accused of providing Diana with information for the interview. While Morgan has denied this allegation, he has been criticized for his close relationship with the princess and for exploiting her personal life for his own gain.
- Meghan Markle comments -In recent years, Morgan has been criticized for his comments about Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex. Morgan has been a vocal critic of Markle and has accused her of lying about her mental health struggles and other issues. In March 2021, after a controversial interview with Markle and her husband Prince Harry, Morgan stormed off the set of his television show Good Morning Britain after being challenged by a co-host about his comments.
- Gun control debate -In 2018, Morgan was involved in a heated debate about gun control in the United States with conservative commentator Ben Shapiro. During the debate, Morgan accused Shapiro of not caring about the victims of gun violence and of being a "propagandist" for the National Rifle Association. The debate was widely criticized for being overly confrontational and for not addressing the complexities of the issue.
- Twitter controversies -Morgan is known for his outspoken comments on social media, and he has been involved in several Twitter controversies over the years. In 2019, he was criticized for mocking climate change activist Greta Thunberg on Twitter, while in 2020, he was accused of making sexist comments about former Spice Girl Mel B. Morgan has also been involved in several Twitter feuds with other celebritiesand public figures.
- Comments about mental health -In 2017, Piers Morgan was criticized for comments he made about mental health on Good Morning Britain. He claimed that he was "skeptical" of people who claim to suffer from mental illness, saying that it had become too "fashionable." His comments were widely condemned by mental health organizations and individuals who had experienced mental health issues.
Overall, Piers Morgan is a controversial figure who has been involved in several high-profile controversies throughout his career. While some of his comments and actions have been widely criticized, Morgan has also gained a large following for his outspoken opinions and willingness to speak his mind.
The exact reason for the death threats is not clear, but it is believed to be related to Morgan's controversial comments on various topics.
There is no report of Piers Morgan directly responding to the death threats. However, his son Spencer Morgan has spoken out about the threats on social media.
It is not known what specific security measures Piers Morgan has taken. However, it is reported that he has been accompanied by security personnel in the past.
It is unclear if any action has been taken against the individuals who sent the death threats.
Yes, Piers Morgan is known for his controversial comments on various topics, including politics, social issues, and celebrities, which has led to backlash and criticism from the public.
Piers Morgan is getting death threats from teenage girls his son claims. The issue of Piers Morgan receiving death threats from teenage girls highlights the growing problem of online harassment and abuse.
It raises concerns about the safety of public figures who express their opinions on social media and the need for social media platforms to do more to address such behavior. The incident also underscores the importance of free speech and the need for respectful and open dialogue on important issues.