We were used to Nigella Lawson, Delia Smith and Jamie Oliver being gentle and kind and teaching us how to boil an egg and sweetly cajoling people to put the turkey twizzlers down and pick up a salad… then along came Gordon Ramsay.
Abrasive, rude. insulting and offensive, everyone loved him.
He’s an icon on TikTok, with people sharing their culinary efforts in a bid for him to “roast” them. We don’t want nice, when it comes to Gordon.
Here are 10 of his best-ever insults.
1) “I wouldn’t trust you running a bath, let alone a restaurant!” Ouch.
2) We love a pop culture reference. See also number 9.
3) “For what we are about to eat, may the Lord make us truly not vomit.” Sadly, the Lord wasn’t listening.
4) Zombie cooking could be the latest series.
5) “I’ve never, ever, ever, ever met someone I believe in… as little as you.” Build them up to knock them down!
6) You literally have one job.
7)”What are you?” “An idiot sandwich” complete with bread around the ears. Majestic.
8) Don’t give people on TikTok ideas.
9) “This crab is so undercooked I can still hear it singing ‘Under the Sea.’” We love a Disney fan.
10) Hell, 10/10 would watch.
What are your favourite Gordon Ramsay insults?
Images via Alamy