Sure its history is a little sketchy – yes, I did watch The Founder – but overall I think its menu is the best.
I like it so much, in fact, that when I was travelling I ate, on average, about three a week. I’m pretty fussy with food, especially when it comes to food and local cuisines I haven’t tried before, so when in doubt I usually found a trip to the Golden Arches was the best course of action to take.
Word of warning though: don’t get a hamburger in Hong Kong. Stunning place, lovely people, but the burger I bought in one franchise there was literally just a piece of pink, wafer thin ham.
Sort of like those dinosaur slices you used to get as a kid, only in a bun with some barely-melted cheese.
Naturally, I was pretty appalled, but probably not as appalled as this next woman who found feathers still attached to her order of chicken wings.
It’s food so fast that it’s barely even dead.
The takeaway meal was bought from a chain in Beijing and the worst part about it is that the woman, known only as Zhou, had already eaten three of the wings before she made the grim discovery.
Her daughter also chowed down on the revolting meal, and although she wasn’t sick, it did affect her appetite afterwards.
“A chicken wing overgrown with feathers was fried and then sold, to be sent straight into a child’s mouth!” Zhou wrote in a translated social media post. “My child is now having nightmares, and whenever she eats she retches.”
“My daughter thought it’s the meat and took a big bite, but was shocked to find out it’s a bunch of feathers.”
The mum then described how McDonald’s offered ten times the price of the meal back in return – and vouchers equalling about £34.
“The feathers were still attached to the chicken wing.”
“We have questions about how the restaurant handles food safety,” she told Chinese media in an interview.
In response to the matter, McDonald’s China issued a public apology on their official Weibo account, and announced that they are still investigating the oversight and will improve food management.
It’s a good job I’ve just had my lunch because I could throw up if I looked at these images for too long.
I’m constantly worried about the hygiene and standards of restaurants, which may or may not be down to religiously watching Ramsey’s Kitchen Nightmares, but you’re putting a lot of trust in places when you go out to eat.
I bet we’ve all eaten in some absolutely filthy places.
I can’t bear the thought of it.
Images via YouTube/Getty