100 Mind-Blowing WTF Facts That Will Make You Question Everything
Buckle up and get ready for a wild ride because we've got 100 WTF factsthat are sure to make you question everything you thought you knew. These bizarre and unbelievable facts will leave you in awe and wondering what other mind-blowing secrets the world has yet to reveal.
So sit back, relax, and let us take you on a journey through some of the craziest and most fascinating facts out there.
Are you ready to have your mind blown? Here's a compiled list of the top 100 most bizarre and unbelievable WTFfacts that will leave you scratching your head in wonder and amazement.
Get ready to be surprised and fascinated by the strange and unusual world we live in!
1. Did you know that a group of flamingos is called a flamboyance?
3. The world's largest snowflake on record was 15 inches wide and 8 inches thick.
4. Elephants can smell water up to three miles away.
5. The world's oldest piece of chewing gum is over 9,000 years old.
6. Kangaroos can't walk backwards.
7. Every year, more people are killed by vending machines than by sharks.
8. Butterflies taste with their feet.
9. In Switzerland, it is illegal to own just one guinea pig.
10. A cockroach can live for several weeks without its head.
11. The world's largest snow maze is over 57,600 square feet.
12. Pigs can get sunburned.
13. The average person spends six months of their life waiting for red lights to turn green.
14. A group of hedgehogs is called a prickle.
15. The longest wedding veil ever was longer than 63 football fields.
16. Wombats have cube-shaped poop.
17. Bananas are berries, but strawberries are not.
18. Humans and giraffes have the same number of neck vertebrae: seven.
19. Octopuses have three hearts.
20. A group of owls is called a parliament.
21. The world's largest pool is over 1,000 yards long and holds 66 million gallons of water.
22. Banging your head against a wall burns 150 calories per hour.
23. There are more possible iterations of a game of chess than there are atoms in the known universe.
24. Sloths can hold their breath for up to 40 minutes.
25. The world's largest game of dodgeball featured over 6,000 players.
26. A group of ferrets is called a business.
27. A small child could swim through the veins of a blue whale.
28. The longest nose on a living person was over 8 inches long.
29. The longest fingernails ever measured were over 28 feet long.
30. Cows have best friends.
31. The longest kiss on record lasted over 58 hours.
32. The world's largest jigsaw puzzle has over 551,232 pieces.
33. A group of rhinoceroses is called a crash.
34. The world's largest snowball fightinvolved over 7,000 participants.
35. A crocodile can't stick its tongue out.
36. A snail can sleep for three years.
37. The world's largest pancake was over 49 feet in diameter.
38. A group of crows is called a murder.
39. The world's largest bubble bath was over 2,000 gallons of water.
40. The longest eyelashes on record were over 4 inches long.
41. A group of porcupines is called a prickle.
42. The world's largest yo-yo is over 11 feet in diameter.
43. A dragonfly has a lifespan of only 24 hours.
44. The world's largest rubber band ball weighs over 9,000 pounds.
45. A group of snails is called a rout.
46. The world's largest cookie weighed over 40,000 pounds.
47. A group of jellyfish is called a smack.
48. The world's largest collection of rubber ducks is over 8,000.
49. A group of penguins is called a colony.
50. The world's largest collection of traffic cones is over 137,000.
51. A group of rats is called a mischief.
52. The largest living organism on Earth is a fungus in Oregon that covers over 2,200 acres.
53. The oldest piece of chewing gum ever found was over 5,000 years old.
54. There is a species of jellyfish that is immortal and can theoretically live forever.
55. A group of hyenas is called a cackle.
56. The world's largest snowman was over 113 feet tall.
57. A blue whale's heart is so large that a human could swim through its arteries.
58. The longest rainbow ever recorded was over 9 hours long.
59. The world's deepest postbox is located in Susami Bay, Japan, and is over 10 meters underwater.
60. A group of otters is called a romp.
61. The largest hailstone ever recorded was over 8 inches in diameter and weighed almost 2 pounds.
62. The world's smallest mammal is the bumblebee bat, which weighs less than a penny.
63. There is a species of fish called the sarcastic fringehead that can open its mouth wider than its body.
64. A group of ferrets is called a business.
65. The world's largest rubber duck is over 56 feet tall.
66. The longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds.
67. The world's largest pillow fight featured over 4,200 participants.
68. The world's largest LEGO sculpture is a life-sized X-wing fighter, which contains over 5 million bricks.
69. The longest fingernails ever on a woman measured over 18 feet long.
70. A group of skunks is called a stench.
71. The world's largest piñata weighed over 9,000 pounds.
72. The world's largest ball of twine is over 40 feet in circumference.
73. A group of zebras is called a zeal.
74. The world's largest paper airplane flew over 200 feet.
75. The longest recorded flight of a paper airplane is over 27 seconds.
76. The world's largest collection of Barbie dolls is over 20,000.
77. A group of hippos is called a bloat.
78. The world's largest hot dog was over 203 feet long.
79. A group of seagulls is called a colony.
80. The world's largest potato chip was over 25 inches long.
81. A group of lizards is called a lounge.
82. The world's largest pumpkin pie weighed over 3,700 pounds.
83. A group of kangaroos is called a mob.
84. The world's largest sculpture made entirely of chocolate weighed over 2,755 pounds.
85. A group of alpacas is called a herd.
86. The world's largest game of tag featured over 5,000 participants.
87. A group of camels is called a caravan.
88. The world's largest collection of snow globes is over 4,000.
89. A group of seahorses is called a herd.
90. The world's largest bouncy castle is over 10,000 square feet.
91. The world's largest bicycle has wheels over 10 feet in diameter.
92. The world's largest collection of Pez dispensers is over 10,000.
93. A group of badgers is called a cete.
94. The world's largest collection of Rubik's Cubes is over 2,000.
95. A group of ravens is called an unkindness.
96. The world's largest bubblegum bubble was over 20 inches in diameter.
97. A sneeze can travel up to 100 miles per hour.
98. A group of vultures is called a wake.
99. The shortest commercial flight in the world lasts only 90 seconds, between the Scottish islands of Westray and Papa Westray.
100. The world's largest collection of origami cranes is over 1 million.
I have no special talent, I am only passionately curious.- Albert Einstein
- A human being can survive longer without food than without sleep.
- In China, killing a panda is punishable by death.
- A giraffe's neck only has seven vertebrae, just like most other mammals, but each one can be over 10 inches long.
- In 2012, a woman tried to sue Google Maps for "not warning her" that walking on a busy road was dangerous.
- The shortest war in history was between Britain and Zanzibar in 1896. It lasted only 38 minutes.
- The world's largest ball of yarn weighs over 21,000 pounds.
- The average person will spend 6 months of their life waiting for red lights to turn green.
- The national animal of Scotland is the unicorn.
- There is a museum in Iceland dedicated to penises.
- The shortest flight in the world is between Westray and Papa Westray in Scotland, and it lasts only 1.7 miles and takes 2 minutes.
- It is possible for a cockroach to live for several weeks without its head.
- The shortest complete sentence in the English language is "I am."
- Some species of bamboo can grow up to 91 centimeters (36 inches) in a single day.
- Blue-eyed people are more sensitive to light and are better able to see in the dark.
- The Great Wall of China is not visible from space with the naked eye.
Learning about these fun and interesting WTF facts can be a great way to expand your knowledge and engage in a fun and engaging way with the world around you. While some of these facts may seem trivial, they offer a unique perspective on the diversity and complexity of our planet and its inhabitants.
It's important to remember that there is always something new to discoverand learn, and keeping an open mind to the wonders of the world can be a great source of inspiration and motivation. Whether you're interested in animals, history, or just oddities and curiosities, there is always more to explore and appreciate.
So take a moment to appreciate the amazing world we live in and all the fascinating things it has to offer. You never know what interesting fact or piece of knowledge might spark your curiosity and lead you on a new path of discovery.