Latest In

News

Young Bride-to-be Dies Days After Proposal After Using Wrong Spoon To Stir Tea

Tragically, a young bride-to-be dies days after proposal after using wrong spoon to stir tea due to a deadly anaphylactic shock. Jess Prinsloo, 24, who had just gotten engaged, was travelling to South Africa last month with her fiance, Craig McKinnon, also 24.

Raven Noir
Jan 24, 202325 Shares553 Views
Tragically, a young bride-to-be dies days after proposal after using wrong spoon to stir teadue to a deadly anaphylactic shock.
Jess Prinsloo, 24, who had just gotten engaged, was travelling to South Africa last month with her fiance, Craig McKinnon, also 24.
Just a few days before she passed away, Prinsloo accepted Craig's marriage proposal at the breathtaking God's Window viewpoint in Graskop, Mpumalanga. There was no better spot to propose, as Craig told.
The holiday, however, reportedly took a terrible turn on December 30 when Prinsloo, who had a severe dairy allergy, came into contact with milk when visiting her mother's home in Johannesburg.
Prinsloo, a marketing manager from Salisbury, Wiltshire, is thought to have accidentally stirred her tea with a spoon that had milk residue on it.
She consequently experienced an allergic reaction called anaphylaxis, which caused her throat to constrict, making it difficult for her to breathe. The next day, that young bride-to-be dies days after the proposal after using the wrong spoon to stir tea.
Since then, McKinnon has used social media to remember his deceased fiancée, writing in a wrenching Facebook post:
A post I never thought I’d write. You were supposed to be drinking tea and playing bingo long after I was gone.
My darling, my angel, my love, my fiancé. The sexiest lady in the room, the funniest potato on the farm, and the [woman] I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Fly high with your Ava sweetheart [...] Rest in peace.
The three days the couple was engaged was, in McKinnon's words, "the finest three days of his life." Craig and Jess first met in 2019 while attending university.
She did carry two EpiPens in case a reaction happened because of her allergy. However, on this tragic occasion, both were unable to save her.
Craig told:
When Jess died, a part of me died too - but there is no one to blame for her passing away. But, God, she’d had several near-misses.- Craig McKinnon
Having a milk allergy since she was nine months old, Jess. McKinnon remembered many instances where she had needed to use an EpiPen and go to the hospital later to recuperate.
She had once consumed a dish that had milk in it. In another, she had inadvertently ordered a vegan dessert that contained cheese. Earlier this week, Craig traveled back to the UK with Jess' ashes.
In order to stop situations like these from occurring again, he now wants to assist in educating others about the seriousness of allergies.
Craig McKinnon said:
It is something people cannot control and it can kill them. I just want people to listen and understand how serious this is.- Craig McKinnon

Conclusion

A 24-year-old young bride-to-be dies days after proposal after using wrong spoon to stir tea. Craig, her fiance, called the day he lost Jess the "worst day of my life" in a devastating message on social media.
Jump to
Latest Articles
Popular Articles