Barbie Movie 2023 - A New Take On A Classic Icon
The Barbie movie has been in development for years, but was finally released in theaters on July 21, 2023. The film stars Margot Robbie as Barbie and Ryan Gosling as Ken, and it is directed by Greta Gerwig, who co-wrote the screenplay with Noah Baumbach.
The film is said to be a live-action take on the Barbie doll franchise, but it is also rumored to be a meta-commentary on gender roles and expectations. Robbie has said that she wants the film to be "a love letter to the Barbie brand" but also "a Barbie movie that subverts expectations."
The film's supporting cast includes America Ferrera, Kate McKinnon, Simu Liu, Michael Cera, Rhea Perlman, and Will Ferrell. Ferrell is playing a CEO of a toy company that produces Barbie dolls, and it is rumored that he will be the film's main antagonist.
The Barbie movie has been met with mixed reactions from fans of the franchise. Some fans are excited to see a live-action Barbie movie, while others are skeptical about the film's ability to capture the magic of the Barbie brand. However, with a cast like Margot Robbie, Ryan Gosling, and Greta Gerwig, it is sure to be a film that people will talk about.
Barbie The Album x Movie Trailer (2023)
COPYRIGHT_HOOK: Published on https://thehooksite.com/barbie-movie/ by Buttskin Family on 2023-09-01T03:31:29.801Z
Helen Mirren provides the narration for a video detailing the origin of Barbie, the groundbreaking doll that revolutionized play for girls worldwide. Instead of traditional baby dolls, Barbie's debut changed the game. We glimpse into the idyllic world of Barbie Land, where everything is perfect, even having a president Barbie and a constitution! At the beach, interactions between the Kens introduce some jealousy, ultimately resolved by Barbie, bringing harmony back to Barbie Land. Jobs in this pink world are reserved for Barbies, while Kens are delegated to "beach" duties.
In the evening, all the Barbies and their counterparts gather at a stereotypical dreamhouse for a dance party, highlighted by a vibrant disco number sung by Dua Lipa. However, a moment of vulnerability arises when the stereotypical Barbie hints at thoughts about mortality, met with a reaction showing it's an isolated feeling. As the next day unfolds, the flawless routine falters, leaving Barbie questioning her perfection. She seeks help from Weird Barbie, the one who's experienced wear and tear from excessive play.
Weird Barbie reveals that the way to solve this issue is for Barbie to venture into the real world, meeting the girl responsible for her emotional turmoil. Barbie and Ken embark on this adventure, attracting attention but also encountering challenges. Barbie grapples with self-doubt, while Ken gains enlightenment. In Los Angeles, Barbie connects with her true purpose, which is to be there for a specific girl.
However, things take a turn when Sasha, the girl from the real world, reacts negatively, and Ken begins to understand the concept of "patriarchy." Barbie is picked up by Mattel, while Ken stays in Barbie Land to share his newfound knowledge.
Gloria, Sasha's mother, overhears a conversation about Barbie's presence in the real world, realizing that she caused Barbie's emotional turmoil through her creations. Barbie faces a pivotal decision when the CEO suggests she return to a box for a solution. But in the end, Barbie chooses to stay in the real world, and with the help of Gloria and Sasha, they escape, deciding the best course is to return to Barbie Land.
The film stars Margot Robbie as Barbie and Ryan Gosling as Ken. Robbie is an Oscar-nominated actress who is known for her roles in films such as "I, Tonya" and "Bombshell." Gosling is also an Oscar-nominated actor who is known for his roles in films such as "La La Land" and "Drive."
The film's supporting cast includes:
- Will Ferrell as the CEO of Mattel
- Michael Cera as Allan
- Emerald Fennell as Midge
- Dua Lipa as the Mermaid Barbies
- Issa Rae as President Barbie
- Jamie Demetriou as a Mattel employee
- Dame Helen Mirren as The Narrator
- Connor Swindells as Aaron Dinkins
- Emma Mackey as Physicist Barbie
- Alexandra Shipp as Writer Barbie
- Kate McKinnon as Weird Barbie
- Ana Cruz Kayne as Judge Barbie
- Ritu Arya as Journalist Barbie
- Nicola Coughlan as Diplomat Barbie
- Hari Nef as Dr Barbie
- Sharon Rooney as Lawyer Barbie
- Kingsley Ben-Adir as Ken #1
- Simu Liu as Ken #2
- Scott Evans as Ken #3
- Ncuti Gatwa as Ken #4
- John Cena as Merman Ken
- America Ferrera as Gloria
- Ariana Greenblatt as Sasha
- Rhea Perlman as Ruth Handler
- Ann Roth as an older lady
- Marisa Abela as TBC
The Barbie movie was released in theaters on July 21, 2023. The film is rated PG-13 for suggestive references and brief language.
- The film was shot in London, England.
- The supporting cast includes America Ferrera, Kate McKinnon, Simu Liu, Michael Cera, Rhea Perlman, and Will Ferrell.
- The film's soundtrack features songs by Dua Lipa, Carly Rae Jepsen, and others.
- The film's budget was reportedly $200 million.
- The film is rated PG-13 for suggestive references and brief language.
- "Barbie is a delightful surprise. It's a funny, heartwarming, and thought-provoking film that will appeal to audiences of all ages." - The New York Times
- "Greta Gerwig has done it again! Barbie is a fresh, feminist take on a classic icon. Margot Robbie is perfectly cast as Barbie, and Ryan Gosling is a surprisingly good Ken." - The Hollywood Reporter
- "Barbie is a must-see for fans of Gerwig and Robbie. It's a film that will stay with you long after you've seen it." - Variety
I hope this article has given you a better understanding of the Barbie movie 2023. If you're looking for a fun, heartwarming, and thought-provoking film, then I highly recommend checking it out.
Barbie's PG-13 rating is no mistake. There's enough of the movie that's funny and appealing to the younger crowd to make it enjoyable on a surface level. But Barbie also plays with deeper themes, enough that pre-teens might not understand it. Barbie is definitely a movie for adults.
About $1.03 Billion - It is now the first U.S. film directed by one woman to reach the billion-dollar mark. Through Sunday, the movie has grossed about $1.03 billion overall in domestic and international markets, making it one of only about a half-dozen films since the pandemic to gross a billion dollars in ticket sales.
Barbie has been a hit at the box office, already breaking 14 box office records after the film's first 2 weekends! The Barbenheimer internet sensation finally hit theaters, with Christopher Nolan's Oppenheimer and Greta Gerwig's Barbie opening on the same day.
This makes Barbie the 53rd movie to gross more than $1 billion at the box office. The movie also broke the record for the highest-grossing opening weekend by a female director thanks to auteur Greta Gerwig, who brought the plastic pink world of Barbie to life.
The Barbie movie is a highly anticipated film that is sure to be a talking point. With a star-studded cast and a thought-provoking plot, the film has the potential to be a hit with audiences of all ages. Only time will tell if the film can live up to the hype, but it is sure to be a film that people will be talking about for years to come.
Here are some reasons why the Barbie movie is so anticipated:
- It is a live-action adaptation of a beloved children's brand. Barbie dolls have been around for over 60 years, and they have a large and loyal following.
- The film has a star-studded cast. Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling are two of the most popular actors in Hollywood, and they are sure to bring their A-game to the film. The supporting cast is also impressive, with actors like America Ferrera, Kate McKinnon, Simu Liu, Michael Cera, Rhea Perlman, and Will Ferrell.
- The film is directed by Greta Gerwig. Gerwig is a critically acclaimed director who has made films such as "Lady Bird" and "Little Women." She is known for her strong female characters and her ability to create films that are both entertaining and thought-provoking.
- The film is said to be a meta-commentary on gender roles and expectations. Barbie is often seen as a symbol of traditional femininity, but the film is said to challenge these stereotypes. Barbie is shown to be a strong, independent woman who is not afraid to break the rules.
If the Barbie movie can live up to its potential, it will be a groundbreaking film that will change the way people think about Barbie dolls. It could be a film that inspires young girls to be strong, independent, and to embrace their differences. It could also be a film that challenges gender stereotypes and helps to create a more equal world.
Only time will tell if the Barbie movie can live up to the hype, but it is sure to be a film that people will be talking about for years to come.