A Video Of A Black Man Who Put A Firecracker In His Eye Went Viral
Firecracker in his eye- Fireworks are explosive devices that are used all around the world to enliven holiday celebrations and commemorate religious occasions, among other things. However, this black man courageously lights a firework in his eye, and the video footage of the incident has startled and angered the public. The man's left eye has drawn a lot of attention on Reddit.
Guy pops firecracker on eye🤦🏾♂️😂
Damnatio_memoriae exclaimed: "We have one it's called stupidity."
Shmorky commented: "We also shouldn't conflate a large social media following with importance so much. The notion that getting a lot of followers on social media by being incredibly stupid on video gets you any clout in other areas of society is what will bring Western civilization down. Or in other words: lighting a firecracker in your eye socket should not gain you any followers/means of advertising/influence of any kind."
Glockops mentioned: "Most people don't realize that an injury to your eye could cause your immune system to attack your other, uninjured eye. Eyes are treated as foreign objects, so if they get damaged enough to get the attention of the body, it goes the whole hog on getting rid of them."
[deleted] said: "This is a really special kind of stupid."
GriffintheD expressed: "Ooo, my morbid curiosity wants to see the aftermath."
CosmicTaco93 said: "I couldn't find anything on this guy specifically, but damn people are dumb. There's depressing amount of people that do this shit."
Strangeorbit: "I don't want to see it. I am curious as to whether or not this guy permanently lost his vision in that eye though. Some people are so stupid you just feel sorry for them. Actually kinda sad for the guy."
BurgerNipple2000: Don't feel sad for him. He and his off-screen friend are really dumb "hip-hop artists" who make extreme videos on their media channels. He's previously drinking a whole bottle of rubbing alcohol while his friend (who has eyes so far apart they are practically on the sides of his temple) tends to do the more disgusting stuff. His friend has eaten a dead bat, eaten a dead rat (and when I say eat, I literally mean take a raw dead animal and eat the whole thing as an animal would). He's also eaten a shit sandwich...yes, real feces in a sandwich, live for their audience's pleasure."
Legit-Just-Trash shared: "He didn’t lose his eye, but he might have damaged his vision."
97Edgewood stated: I sincerely hope this guy never has kids. Parents spend years teaching their kids not to do this sort of dumb shit and here he is, making it seem like all fun and games.
A ruptured eyeball or chemical or thermal burns, as well as a corneal abrasion or retinal detachment, are all potential consequences of fireworks use.
Every year, fireworks are responsible for hundreds of preventable injuries. The six-year period between 2000 and 2005 (the most recent year for which statistics were available) saw 6,637 people injured and require hospitalization. In the same time span, there were two fatalities and 990 injuries, with the latter figure increasing to 990 in 2005.
When compared to any other age group, young adults ages 20-24 experienced the greatest increase in visits to the hospital emergency room for fireworks-related injuries last year, with 17 injuries per 100,000 people in 2020 compared to 2.8 injuries per 100,000 persons in 2019.
Adults were the most frequently harmed by reloadable weapons (mortars) (24-64 years). There were also many injuries in the 24+ age range caused by fireworks, sparklers, firework displays, and romancandles. Sparklers inflicted the most damage on young children (0-4 years).
Seek Medical Attention Right Once If You Have A Flash Burn
If you are concerned about your eyes for any reason, or if you experience symptoms such as impaired vision that is not caused by eye drops or ointment, you should visit your doctor or go to the local hospital emergency room.
- Always remember to put on your safety glasses.
- All fireworks activities should be overseen by a competent adult, and fireworks should never be distributed to children under the age of majority.
- Place yourself at least 20 feet away from where the fireworks are set off.
- It is always advisable to read the packaging instructions before using pyrotechnics.
- Always keep a pail of water or a water hose close at hand.
- Avoid rubbing, rinsing, or putting pressure on the eye.
- Do not attempt to remove any foreign bodies that have been lodged in the eye.
- Take no blood-thinning pain relievers like aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Do not pause to purchase medicine.
- Do not put off seeking professional assistance.
Consider using these natural remedies at home for immediate relief:
- This procedure clears clogged oil glands and reduces irritation.
- Take a break from the computer and rest your eyes. Long periods of time spent staring at a bright computer screen can cause irritation and burning.
- Protect your eyes from the sun and wind by wearing sunglasses.
- Using lukewarm water, rinse your eyelids. Rinsing your eyes can help to remove allergens and irritants from your eyes, which can help to reduce irritation and dryness.
- Soak a cloth in warm water, then place it over closed eyes for a few minutes several times per day.
- Warm water and a small bit of baby shampoo Clean the base of your eyelashes with a cotton swab that has been dipped in water.
- Increase your water intake to keep your eyes moist and prevent dryness. Stinging, burning, and irritation are all symptoms of dry eyes.
- To relieve inflammation, edema, puffiness, and burning, place cucumber slices over the affected eye.
There are a lot of historians who think fireworks were invented in China, but some think they were first made in the Middle East or India. People in China started making gunpowder around 800 AD by mixing saltpeter, sulfur, and charcoal together. The American Pyrotechnics Safety and Education Foundation says this was a very basic type of gunpowder.
In reality, they were hunting for a recipe for eternal life, but what they came up with changed the course of history. When the Chinese saw what they had made, they thought that these explosions would keep bad spirits away.
They would put the new gunpowder in bamboo shoots and hurl them into a fire to make the first fireworks. Then came fireworks. Tissue paper fuses were used instead of bamboo stalks, for example.
By the 10th century, the Chinese had worked out how to produce bombs from gunpowder and connected them to arrows to attack foes. Fireworks evolved into rockets during the next 200 years, eliminating the need for arrows. This technology is still utilized today. China is still the world's leader in the fireworks industry, producing and exporting more fireworks than any other country on the globe.
Thank you for reading this. Generally speaking, fireworks are linked to both entertainmentand attractiveness. Many people get hurt and millions of dollars worth of property are damaged by fireworks each year, and they are a major cause of pollution. Like the black man who put a firecracker in his eye should not be copied by the people watching.